1. Firepower: -1D for moving at rapid. Does this apply to vehicles moving at rapid or only infantry?
This applies to vehicles and infantry.
2. Firing weapons from soft skin vehicles: e.g. Humvees where the 4 man squad are crewing their own vehicle. When working out Firepower dice, if the team leader is 'unbuttoned' & firing the vehicle MG, does he still add in a die to the firepower pool or is the fact that he's crewing the vehicle weapon negate his firepower die?
e.g., 4 man squad in Humvee [team leader, 1 rifleman, SAW, GL]; team leader unbuttons & mans vehicle MG - is the team's firepower dice 10 [4 basic, 2 SW, 4 veh MG +/- any others but remembering 10 max]? OR is it 9 [3 basic because the TL is manning the veh MG, 2 SW, 4 VEH mg +/- any other modifiers]?
The top-gunner still adds a die.
3. Does the 'exposed' firepower modifier apply to vehicles as well as infantry?
4. RBp114, Irregular Morale checks. 1st paragraph 'Stand' result explains what happens when the number of successes is greater than the number of failures. 4th paragraph explains what happens when the number of failures is greater than the number of successes.
BUT: what happens when successes = failures [i.e. 2 dice are rolled, 1 passes & 1 fails]?
Treat ties as passing the test.
5. Do soft-skinned vehicles have to do an unbuttoning test for a team member to man the vehicle MG?
6. If the buttoned up rules apply to soft skin vehicles, can all the 4 man team still fire their infantry weapons from inside the vehicle [we're presuming there's no way to fire the vehicles MG or GL if a Humvee is 'buttoned -up'?]
All infantry weapons can be fired from within a HMMWV - with the exception of thing like LAWS that have a back-blast.
7. Do close assault TQ checks get done before the NI unit declares their reaction?
Yes, because they don't have anything to React to until the Close Assaulting unit rushes them.
Hope this helps!