I'm proud to announce that Ambush Alley Games and Najewitz Modellbau have entered into a licensing agreement! Modellbau will create high quality terrain of special interest to Force on Force players, to be sold under the Ambush Alley Games logo.
If you're not familiar with the work of Najewitz Modellbau, please visit their website at lasermodellbau.de. You're in for a treat!
We've extended our Strike Force Contest till the end of the month due to some technical problems we had in receiving some of your entries. In the interest of keeping things fair for folks who got their entries in after the 16th are only eligible for the Fan Favorite prize. You can learn more here!
I'd like to extend my sincere thanks to our friend Cerberus, who sacrificed his original copy of the old edition of Day of the Rangers to secure Col. Danny McKnight's autograph for me and the AAG team. Col. McKnight led the ground column in Mogadishu on 3 October 93. His cool-headed leadership was dramatized on the big screen by Tom Sizemore in Black Hawk Down.
We're honored that Col. McKnight took the time to write such a kind message on the credits page of Day of the Rangers, AAG's treatment of Operation Gothic Serpent and are proud to share it with you below.
That’s right! Ambush Alley Games & Osprey Publishing are looking for the best Tomorrow’s War painted sci-fi armies (any figures of any scale) in the world!
· Grand Prize for Best army wins $200 SRP of Osprey books
· First Prize & Fan Favorite win $100 SRP each of Osprey books
· Stores that host the Prize armies most often win $100 SRP Osprey books
Instructions for Submissions
· One entry per person
· Names of submitted Strike Forces may not include trademarked terms
· Submit up to five photos of your force
· Photos must be hosted (free services available include Photobucket.com, Flickr.com, etc.)
· Include your name and shipping address in your submission (this information will not be posted online and will only be used in case you win)
· All entries will be posted on the Ambush Alley Games Forum (www.ambushalleygames.com/forum). You do not have to be a member of the forum to enter or view submissions
· Winners will be selected by AAG/Osprey judges with the exception of the “Fan Favorite,” who will be determined by an online vote at the end of the contest
· Contest runs from November 15th, 2011 to January 15th, 2012.
Why gamers get excited about Tomorrow’s War:
· Flexible rules for any figures, any scale
· Rewards tactical play
· Interactive turn sequence keeps both players involved
· No IGO-UGO: React to you your opponent as he moves & fires
· Speedy game-play: Command fireteams instead of individuals
One reviewer wrote:
Rare is the game that makes you rethink your hobby. Tomorrow’s War has done just that. It is a quick, elegant game . . .
See the full review HERE.
Ambush Alley Games takes players into the steaming jungles and razor-backed mountains of Vietnam in Ambush Valley, the latest companion book for Force on Force!
Clocking in at 176 pages, Ambush Valley is the largest Force on Force companion book yet. It contains all the special rules and vehicle stats necessary to bring warfare in Southeast Asia to life on your gaming table, along with six new scenarios. The meat of the book, however, is the exhaustive encyclopedia of unit organizations for the US, Republic of Vietnam, Australia, Republic of Korea, Kingdom of Thailand, Republic of the Philippines, Democratic Republic of Vietnam, the Hmong, Laos, Thailand, and Cambodia. Much of the organizational information presented in this book has never been published before and some of it has only recently been declassified for public consumption!
As you may have gathered from the force list above, Ambush Valley doesn't restrict itself to Vietnam alone - force d
escriptions are provided to allow players to explore the not-so-secret wars in Laos and Cambodia.
It is our believe that Ambush Valley represents a stand-out publication for wargamers interested in the Vietnam conflict. No other book presents such a depth of information on forces involved in Vietnam. Ambush Valley is not just a companion book for Force on Force, it is a powerful resource for Vietnam gamers using any set of rules!